The Leo Baeck Institute (LBI) seeks an Administrative Assistant (full-time) in our New York office. This position offers a great opportunity for an individual seeking an entry-level position in the non-profit sector. The Administrative Assistant should have the ability to balance multiple tasks, maintain accurate records, retrieve information quickly, provide technical support, and work effectively with staff and vendors. The ideal candidate would be a dynamic and organized individual with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with both LBI’s administrative and collections staff.
- Manage general inquiries that come in by phone or LBI’s website.
- Manage inbox for LBI’s main phone line.
- Distribute mail to staff and assist with postage needs.
- Submit support requests for staff to the building management.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies (paper, coffee, etc.).
- Assist senior staff with administrative tasks.
- Assist Executive Director with Board matters
- Maintain passwords and internal information for staff.
FINANCE & DEVELOPMENT
- Process all incoming donations (manage CRM, digitally and physically file).
- Reconcile donation financial coding with accounting team.
- Process all outgoing acknowledgment letters.
- Assist with mass mailing appeals (proofing, mailing, etc.).
- Collect financial information from vendors (tax forms, payment information, etc.) and enter monthly invoices.
- Assist with website updates and upkeep.
- Assist with posts on LBI social media and support communications team with media schedule.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries from constituents.
- Schedule meetings using Doodle/email as needed.
- Maintain staff-wide calendars.
- Assist staff with computer software and interface with IT staff as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree. Demonstrated interest in history a plus.
- Proficient in Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Experience with fundraising/CRM software (e.g., Raiser’s Edge) a plus.
- Experience with website maintenance (WordPress) and social media.
- Experience entering invoices into account payable system (Financial Edge) a plus.
- Previous non-profit experience preferred.
- Able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Hours: This is a full-time position Monday through Friday and requires a minimum of 2 days in-person.
Salary & Benefits: Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application: Please send an email with the subject line ‘Administrative Assistant – Last name, First name’ to Sally Carroll (email@example.com) with an attached cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the position and an up-to-date resume. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
The Leo Baeck Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.