The Leo Baeck Institute, located at 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY, is seeking a part-time Library Assistant. This is a six-month temporary position, with the possibility of extension.
The Library of the Leo Baeck Institute is internationally recognized as the most comprehensive repository for books documenting the history and culture of German-speaking Jewry and its mission is to support the Leo Baeck Institute to preserve the legacy of German-speaking Jewry.
- Shelving and shifting library materials
- Paging books for the Reading Room
- Creating and updating bibliographic, acquisitions and donations records in Aleph integrated library system
- Physical processing of library materials (barcoding, labels, stamping, etc.)
- Working on various projects
- 12 hours per week
- Hourly rate of $16.65
- Enrolled in an ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS program
- Interest in cataloging
- Fast learner
- Flexible, detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to lift archival boxes up to 25 pounds, some standing and bending required
- Working knowledge of German
- Experience with Aleph and OCLC Connexion
- Please send your resume to Elizabeth Fedden.